Guardian Services of Pennsylvania (GSP) provides guardian services in Delaware, Chester, Berks, Bucks, Lehigh, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties. A for profit corporation, GSP prides itself in client centered service, promoting client and family participation in decision making whenever possible and appropriate.
GSP acts as Plenary Guardian of the Estate and Person for residents of Long Term Care Facilities. GSP also acts as guardian for incapacitated persons still residing in their home or other residential setting.
As Guardian of the Estate our duties include:
- Inquiry and discovery of assets – filing Inventory
- Safeguarding and management of assets
- Payment of debts, obligations and expenses
- Initial/Annual report to the court
- Included in these duties is application to entitlement programs, spend down and verification for Medicaid eligibility.
As Guardian of the Person our duties include:
- Plan of care, monitoring and custody of our client
- Encourage client participation in decisions
- Determine where he/she will live
- Consent/Approvals for medical decisions
- Annual Report to the court
- Participation in care conferences, bi-monthly visits and 24 hour on call service allows GSP to carry out these duties.
GSP assists area long-term care facilities, hospitals, family members and other community agencies to understand the guardianship process when no other less restrictive alternative will meet the client’s needs. We are available for presentations/training to staff of facilities or in public format.
GSP will also serve as Power of Attorney if a client is able to understand and designate a POA. A Power of Attorney can be limited to the purpose for which it is needed such as making application and providing verification to Medical Assistance.